Disassemble and clean the pump at the end of every day. The procedure takes about 10 minutes. As items are disassembled, use a soft brush and water or a compatible solvent to clean components.
- Flush the system. See Flush, in manual. Stop pump near bottom of its stroke.
- Perform Pressure Relief Procedure. See Pressure Relief Procedure, in manual.
- With fluid pressure relieved, remove material hose from pump outlet.
- Disconnect hopper at outlet camlock then remove hopper.
- Remove inlet elbow.
- Tip cart back so it rests on the back of the cart.
- While holding onto the inlet housing, use a 5/8 in. wrench to loosen the two nuts on the inlet housing clamp then remove inlet housing.
- Remove inlet ball stop and ball cage spring.
- Use 5/8 in. wrench to loosen the two nuts on the cylinder clamp then remove cylinder.
- Disconnect pump rod (see the following figure):
- Push piston rod protective spring up and away from coupling assembly (BF1-BF3).
- Remove clip (BF1), and slide coupling cover (BF2) up to remove coupling (BF3).
- Pull rod down and out of outlet housing.
- Remove outlet ball stop from rod by pushing o-rings off of ball stop.
- Loosen and remove packing nut then remove throat packing.
- Use a brush and solvent to clean all loose pieces.
NOTE: The pump rod is not disassembled unless the piston packing or seat needs to be replaced.
NOTE: The inlet housing is not disassembled unless the inlet seat needs to be replaced.