Primary Heat Controller Has Abnormally High Temperature Overshoots
- Check thermocouple connections and wire for damage. Replace if necessary.
- Loosen the ferrule nut.
- Push in the thermocouple wire so that the tip contacts the heater element.
- Hold the thermocouple tip against the heater element while tightening the ferrule nut 1/4 turn past tight.
- See Replace Heater Element, in manual.
- If there is a signal failure from the thermocouple, the thermocouple controller will prevent the heaters from operating.
- If this occurs, replace the thermocouple. See Replace Thermocouple, in manual.
- Check for a resistance of 4-6 ohms between purple and red wires on the temperature controller. There should be a reading of infinity between the ground wire and purple wire.